Wednesday, August 17, 2011

So What If You're Right?

I'm always amazed at people who invest so much emotional energy in being right. You know, arguing, "proving" that they're right, patting themselves on the back for being on the correct side of some pet issue, and especially basking in the warm glow of demonizing and scapegoating their eeeevil opponents.

I mean, so what if you're right? I really don't care.

Go ahead. Be right. Meanwhile I'll be getting back to living my life-- my way and not your way, thank you-- living my life, ignoring your feverish spittle-flecked rodomontade, and in general conducting myself as if your pet issue doesn't even exist, as indeed it probably doesn't outside the hothouse imagination and angry Internet debate forums of you and emotionally maladjusted aspie misfits like you.

So what if you're right? So what if you're an argumentational legend in your own mind? I really don't care. And tomorrow the sun will rise in the east, as usual, entirely without reference to you and your frenzied manias.

No comments: