Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pillows in Bed

Mind you, I've always been strictly a one-pillow man. One pillow in bed, a pillow beneath my head, and that's it.

Until several weeks ago, when my hip was acting up. Hurt at most angles to sleep on it. So, there were a few chairs around the house that had excess pillows lying on them, and one night I purloined some of these pillows and redistributed them to my bed, where lying on them relieved the pain of an acting-up hip.

My hip is feeling fine now. But I can't get rid of them. The pillows, I mean.

Those pillows have taken up permanent residence in my bed, where I will find myself of a night lying with my hip on a pillow. Or with a pillow back behind my thighs, propping my legs up. Or, when I'm lying on my side, with a pillow in between my knees.

I don't know how this situation got so out of control. Or how I so succumbed to pillow decadence. But, seeing as I'm sleeping more soundly, to the tune of another several hours a night, I suspect those pillows aren't going anywhere any time soon.

No comments: