Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Slow in the Morning

I've had the past two days off. Now it's back to work, and I find as usual that I'm very slow to get going in the morning. Stumbling around, a cup of coffee, two cups of coffee. I just don't feel like I'm in motion.

And I've been this way most of my life, about as far back as I can remember.

I'm most definitely not a morning person. And, in recent years, not so much of an evening person either. More like a forenoon and afternoon person.

It strikes me that our society is not structured to accommodate the fact that many of us work better at one time of the day, and not so well at other hours. Clockwork punctuality, and one time of day same as another, befit a machine-driven society. I've always felt that a culture of siesta and mañana was more built to a human scale.

No comments: