Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Roadside Towers

Sunday afternoon I made the long drive to town to visit an old friend and neighbor who is currently residing in the nursing home. It was on the way back -- the part of the drive that's on a state highway -- that I noticed six separate radio towers alongside the road in less than two miles.

I repeat, six radio towers, evidently part of five separate installations, along the highway in a less than two-mile stretch.

Whether some or all of them were cell phone towers, or what, I have no idea. I only know that in the past few years such towers have been proliferating on the landscape. Why, from my house out in the remote countryside it's surprising how many towers, with their blinking lights, I can see on the horizon on a clear evening. Most of those towers were not there just a few years ago.

No comments: